merin

Progress: 40 %
Fangirl
Rainbow Rowell
Progress: 46/433 pages
Athena: Grey-Eyed Goddess - George O'Connor Another solid addition to the Olympians series! I liked the fact that Athena's tale was told via the three Fates, and I liked how the myths used were weaved together to give a clearer picture of Athena's character. And I actually learned something new from this one, which was how Athena got the name of Pallas. Likewise, I hadn't realized that Athena wore Zeus' aegis. Considering my love of Greek myths, finding new information is pretty amazing!I especially liked how O'Connor didn't gloss over the rather dark details of the Olympians and how they came to be; this was seen first in Zeus and again here, where the stories are told fairly matter-of-factly, with just a few things sort of "blurred" out. It definitely helps make the stories more appropriate for a younger audience.